Scouting At Home
In order to achieve this badge, you need to complete 4 of the below tasks:
1. Compose a poem of at least eight lines. Discuss its meaning and construction.
2. Create a short story of around 600 words. Talk about your story idea with an appropriate adult beforehand.
3. Write a descriptive passage of around 600 words on a subject, agreed with an appropriate adult beforehand.
4. Write a 600-word review of a favourite book, play or other work of literature and talk about it with an appropriate adult.
5. Produce a published article of around 600 words in length. You could contribute to a school, faith, community or Scout magazine or write a letter to a local paper.
6. Keep a diary on a subject, for a length of time agreed with an appropriate adult beforehand.
7. Write a play or dramatic sketch lasting at least 10 minutes.
8. Interview a local celebrity, or other notable person. Write or type out the interview to show the questions you asked and the interviewee’s replies.
9. Write a letter to a pen pal (real or imaginary) of at least 600 words.
Some Helpful Resources:
Short Stories: Why not take a look at the BBC's 500 words competition website, which has lots of guidance on writing short stories: