Accommodation in the Peaks
Hire Our Hut
We are blessed at Hathersage Scout Group with a superb Scout Hut, with excellent facilities. In fact we are so proud of it, we hire it out to visiting Scout Groups, Outdoor Adventure Clubs such as Climbing Groups and for functions/parties etc. We charge a very low rate for hiring the hut, as little as £15 per person per night (variable depending on times/dates and subject to minimum hire cost), meaning that we have some of the cheapest accommodation around.
We love our hut and are always striving to better it and make it a more fun, engaging and an enjoyable place for our Scouts, Leaders and visiting groups. We try to keep the hut as tidy and clean as possible, but please bear in mind however, that it is a working scout hut and not a dedicated camp site/scout hire venue and as such, there will be displays on the walls, equipment might be around and it is maintained by the Leaders of the group. The hut is cleaned weekly by a cleaner. We are more than happy to show any prospective groups around to see if it is suitable for them. Most weekends are booked, with a great number of return bookings, so we must be doing something right!
– We also have a small external area just big enough for two tents and a fire circle. There is wood provided in the wood store, which groups are welcome to use, but if you are able to bring your own or find some in the vicinity (the local Spar petrol station sells it), we would prefer that; thus leaving the wood for emergencies and use by our Scout Group.
– There is a strict 3 cars maximum policy because of restricted parking. This may be reduced in the summer months when the adjacent Cricket Club is in use. Further vehicles may be parked in the village.
- Please bear in mind this is a working scout hut and not a dedicated residential facility. While all efforts are made to keep the building clear of equipment, etc. some may be out in the Hall. Please also bear in mind that if you make a booking for a Tuesday or Thursday night, our sessions meet those evenings and so you will be required to vacate the building to enable these meetings to take place.
Our hut has:
- One large hall, approximately 5m x 12m with tables and chairs.
- Two bunk rooms – one four bed, one 8 bed. Plus a large number of (approx. 20) lightweight mattresses for use on the floor, allowing many more than 12 people to stay.
- A fully fitting and equipped kitchen, with 8-ring gas hob and oven, fridge, freezer, kettle and urn, electric oven, microwave and all the crockery, cutlery, glassware, cookware etc, you could need.
- A shower room.
- Two toilets.
Hire Our Hut
If you are interested in booking the hut, please check the calendar below for availability and then get in contact, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Hut Booking Inquiry form below.
You can see when we have dates available from the group calendar below. We keep one week free each month for maintenance, admin, etc., by the Scout Group, so if every week except one is already booked in a month (unless one is titled HSG), please do not inquire about the last remaining week.